Delicious, easy, and healthy no bake Almond Butter Oatmeal Bars drizzled in chocolate and topped with crunchy roasted almonds. Perfect for snacking, with coffee, or an afternoon treat! Vegan and gluten free.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp almond butter, divided
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup roasted salted almonds, chopped (optional)
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper going both ways.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, flax, and salt. Add 1 cup almond butter and maple syrup, stirring until combined. It will be very thick!
- Spoon mixture into lined baking dish and using wet hands, press evenly into dish.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 tbsp almond butter in a small bowl. Melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto bars and use a rubber spatula to spread evenly. Top with crushed almonds if desired. Place dish in freezer and freeze for about an hour, or until chocolate is hardened. Slice into 16 bars. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. I like them best right out of the freezer!