Lightly sweetened whole-grain Cherry Almond Baked Oatmeal Cups are full of flavor and make the perfect afternoon snack or easy breakfast on-the-go.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used a 4oz container)
- 2 tbsp butter (or non-dairy buttery spread), melted and cooled
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/3 cup blanched sliced almonds, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with silicone muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, melted butter, and almond extract.
- Add oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, tart cherries, and almonds. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top. Sprinkle slivered almonds on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean. Store cooled oatmeal cups in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They freeze well!
*You can use regular sugar, brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup.