Soft, pillowy blueberry breakfast cookies free of flour, oil, and butter. These gluten-free morsels will be your favorite breakfast on the go!
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1-5.3oz container blueberry Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1 very over-ripe banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oat flour (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or sugar of choice, optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flax and water. Set aside.
- Place banana in a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add yogurt and vanilla extract, stirring to combine. Stir in flax egg.
- Add almond meal, oat flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in walnuts and blueberries.
- Using wet hands, roll mixture into 12 large balls of "dough". They will be wet and sticky--that's ok! Wet hands again to pat down cookies until they look round and smooth. Lightly flatten with hands. They won't spread much.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Store cooled cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge.