Soft, pillowy blueberry breakfast cookies free of flour, oil, and butter. These gluten-free morsels will be your favorite breakfast on the go!
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1–5.3oz container blueberry Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1 very over-ripe banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oat flour (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or sugar of choice, optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flax and water. Set aside.
- Place banana in a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add yogurt and vanilla extract, stirring to combine. Stir in flax egg.
- Add almond meal, oat flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in walnuts and blueberries.
- Using wet hands, roll mixture into 12 large balls of “dough”. They will be wet and sticky–that’s ok! Wet hands again to pat down cookies until they look round and smooth. Lightly flatten with hands. They won’t spread much.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Store cooled cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge.