Start your morning with this EASY, sweet, and satisfying Blueberry Banana Nut Baked Oatmeal! It’s studded with sweet blueberries, sliced banana, toasted pecans and a dusting of brown sugar. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed or chia seeds
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cups non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pecan halves
- 1–2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 9” x 9” baking dish, combine oats, ground flax seed, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. (I added a pinch of cinnamon, too!) Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy milk, oil, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Mix well and slowly pour over dry ingredients, stirring any areas that aren’t well covered.
- Top with frozen blueberries, sliced banana (pushing them into the oatmeal slightly), and pecan halves. Sprinkle everything (focusing on banana slices) with brown sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes (immediately after assembly.) Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freeze slices in parchment paper and reheat before eating.