Start your morning with this easy and totally satisfying Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal! It’s studded with sweet blueberries, sliced banana for the perfect portable breakfast or snack.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed (can sub 1 egg)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 medium over-ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/4 cup drippy almond butter*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together oats, coconut sugar, flax seed, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, add banana and mash with a fork. Add milk, almond butter and vanilla and whisk until very thoroughly combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in blueberries. Spoon evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until oatmeal is set. Cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freeze slices in parchment paper and reheat before eating.
*Any nut butter works here. To make this nut free, you can use 2 tbsp melted butter or oil in place of the almond butter. You could also use sunflower seed butter.
Keywords: blueberry baked oatmeal