Thirty-minute Baked Cod with Tomatoes and pesto goat cheese orzo! The ultimate easy and healthy dinner that's super satisfying.
- 2 pounds wild cod (I used thawed from frozen)
- 1-15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- kosher salt, garlic powder, and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 1/4 cup pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. Drizzle olive oil in a 9x13 baking dish. Add fish. Season liberally with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Top evenly with tomatoes. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cod is flaky and opaque.
- Once the pot of water is boiling, add orzo. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until tender. Drain and return to pot. When fish is just about done, stir pesto and goat cheese into the cooked orzo. Season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Plate the orzo and top with cod. Serve with a yummy green salad and enjoy!
FROZEN COD: No time to thaw? No problem! Simply follow the recipe as written and don't thaw it. Simply follow the recipe but cook for 35 minutes. There will be more liquid in the dish but it'll still taste amazing.
Keywords: baked cod with tomatoes, baked cod recipe