Packed with nutrient-dense almonds, walnuts, cacao and chia seeds, these no-bake bars are the perfect afternoon snack!
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, packed
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1 tbsp water (if needed)
- Line an 8 x 8in pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a large food proccesor and process for a couple minutes or until the "dough" forms a ball. If it's too crumbly, add 1 tbsp water. You want the nuts in small pieces, so you may need to move everything around with a fork and keep blending.
- Remove dough from food processor and press into lined pan until smooth and even. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Freeze for at least two hours before cutting into 8-10 bars.
- Store bars in fridge or freezer.