This creamy Avocado Basil Pesto Zucchini Noodles recipe makes a light and refreshing side dish any time of year! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (I used walnuts)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water (more if needed)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- Use a julienne peeler, mandolin, or spiralizer to spiralize the zucchini into noodles. Add noodles to a large bowl.
- Add basil, avocado, garlic, walnuts, and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped (I processed until it was smooth and creamy). You may need to add more water to get it to your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl with the zucchini noodles and toss the noodles until they are well coated. Top with tomatoes. Serve room temperature or chilled..
Recipe from The Healthy Glow Collective