Deliciously satisfying Apple Tuna Salad made with Greek yogurt, crisp apple, toasty pecans, and no mayo! Enjoy in a sandwich, lettuce wrap, with a spoon, or on crackers. A healthy, filling lunch the table in 10 minutes!
- 2-5oz cans tuna
- 1/3 cup celery, diced (1 small stalk)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans or walnuts chopped
- 1 cup chopped apple (from 1 small Honeycrisp or Fuji)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% or full fat)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard (I like whole grain Dijon)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt + lots of freshly ground pepper
- Drain tuna. Flake with a fork into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add celery, onion, apple, and pecans and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, lemon juice, Dijon, salt and pepper. Pour over tuna mixture.
- Mix to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed, or extra yogurt/drizzle of oil if you want more moisture. Serve with crackers, cucumber slices, or between whole grain bread!