Packed with dark chocolate almonds, flaked coconut, and oats, these almond joy snack bars make the perfect nutritious treat.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate Almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8in baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place flax and water in a small bowl, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- Pit dates and place in a small bowl. Cover with hot water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place oats, almond meal, cacao, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Drain dates. Place them in a blender or food processor (I used my nutribullet) along with the maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract, and flax mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring to combine. Dump mixture into pan and press evenly into all four corners. I used a fork to make sure it was really pressed down!
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into 12-16 bars (or else they'll fall apart!)