Quick, easy, and full of flavor, this One Pan Veggie Curry with Spinach and Carrots is comfort in a bowl! Serve over rice, if desired. Vegan and gluten-free! Reprinted with permission from The Vegan 8, by Brandi Doming, copyright © 2018 Brandi Doming. Published by Oxmoor House, an imprint of Time Inc. Books.
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 (13.5oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (13.5oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- roasted cashews and crushed red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Add carrots, ginger, and 1/2 cup water to a large pan over medium-low heat. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are almost tender. Add 1 tbsp more water at a time if necessary to keep carrots cooking.
- Stir in chickpeas, milk, curry paste, salt, and sugar.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes or until chickpeas and carrots are tender and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and spinach until wilted. Season to taste with lime juice and salt. Serve over rice and garnish with red pepper flakes and cashews.