This Quick and Easy One-Pan Veggie Red Curry is comfort in a bowl! Plant powered and full of flavor for weeknight dinners. Vegan and gluten-free!
Curry is one of those things that people think they dislike and I then have no way of not saying “wait…I think you’re mistaken.”
It happened with my mom last weekend at a Thai restaurant. I, per usual, ordered the most sensational red curry and wanted her to get all up in its flavor town.
She was sure her and curry weren’t cool. I was sure she was mistaken.
Upon first bite, she let out an “mmmm.” Ahh, sweet satisfaction! Today’s vegetarian red curry recipe calls for Thai red curry paste and it’s those Thai flavors that most people can agree with.
I think Indian food in particular and the word “curry” as a whole tends to give people a fright. No curry monsters under the bed here, though. Just pure, unadulterated curry that is SO BEYOND EASY to whip up.
Who doesn’t want a quick weeknight dinner that’s 100% plant powered (ahem, vegan and gluten-free) and on the table in less than thirty minutes? Kinds like my Creamy Vegetable Chickpea Curry. We out heeeeyaaaa.
The best part is that it’s super customizable. You could do green beans, sweet potatoes, or cauliflower in here as well if you’re not feeling carrots. And any green will work! We served ours over brown rice for some oomph.
This Easy One-Pan Veggie Red Curry recipe is brought to you by none other than the fabulous Brandi Doming of The Vegan 8! Her latest cookbook, The Vegan 8: 100 Simple, Delicious Recipes Made with 8 Ingredients or Less is nothing short of gorgeous.
Talk about refreshingly short ingredient lists! They’re awesome for anyone new to plant-based cooking or seeking simplified, wholesome, family-friendly options for weeknight dinners.
Each of the 100 recipes uses 8 ingredients or less (not including salt, pepper, and water) to create satisfying, comforting meals your whole family (even the non-vegans!) will just love.
I particularly love Brandi’s entire chapter on crowd-pleasing desserts, featuring drool-worthy recipes like Chocolate Fudge Swirl Ice Cream, Baked Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Donuts, and Toffee-Pecan Glazed Cake.
CRAVING MORE CURRY? DON’T MISS MY OTHER GO-TO RECIPES:
- Creamy Vegetable Chickpea Curry
- Vegetable Shrimp Curry with Cauliflower Rice
- Thai Curry Soba Noodle Bowls
- Curried Cauliflower Chickpea Buddha Bowl
- Curried Chickpea Salad
Curry in a hurry!Print
Quick, easy, and full of flavor, this One Pan Veggie Curry with Spinach and Carrots is comfort in a bowl! Serve over rice, if desired. Vegan and gluten-free! Reprinted with permission from The Vegan 8, by Brandi Doming, copyright © 2018 Brandi Doming. Published by Oxmoor House, an imprint of Time Inc. Books.
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 (13.5oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (13.5oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- roasted cashews and crushed red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Add carrots, ginger, and 1/2 cup water to a large pan over medium-low heat. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are almost tender. Add 1 tbsp more water at a time if necessary to keep carrots cooking.
- Stir in chickpeas, milk, curry paste, salt, and sugar.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes or until chickpeas and carrots are tender and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and spinach until wilted. Season to taste with lime juice and salt. Serve over rice and garnish with red pepper flakes and cashews.