These deliciously moist, vegan, and gluten free muffins are packed with flavor and nutrition!
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 2 medium, very overripe (nearly black) bananas
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (one medium zucchini), packed, liquid squeezed out
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, ground into flour (grind oats in blender/food processor to make flour)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine flax and water in a small bowl and set aside to gel.
- Using paper towels, squeeze liquid out of zucchini. Add zucchini to a large bowl. Add bananas and mash with a fork. Add coconut oil and vanilla to bowl and stir until well combined. Stir in flax mixture.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together almond flour, oat flour, oats, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined, being careful not to over-mix. The batter will be thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes in muffin tin before carefully transferring muffins to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 185
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0g