Basil Hummus Stuffed Mushrooms...the perfect healthy holiday party appetizer! Super flavorful, easy, and amazing for a crowd.
- 1 14oz package white button stuffing mushrooms (about 9 mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic hummus
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange walnuts on a lined baking sheet. Toast for about 10 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Meanwhile, wipe dirt of mushrooms with a damp cloth. Carefully remove the stems.
- Dump walnuts into bowl of a large food processor. Place mushrooms hole side up on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse walnuts until finely chopped. Add basil, spinach, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse until well combined. Use a spatula to scrap down the sides. Add hummus and blend until fully combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into center of mushrooms. Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Keywords: vegan stuffed mushrooms