Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms with Basil Hummus..the perfect healthy holiday party appetizer! Super flavorful, easy, and amazing for a crowd.
Stuffing your face with hummus is one thing and stuffing a shroom with dream pesto is another. Vegan stuffed mushrooms with hummus do exist!
I can say with confidence that I eat a fourth to a third of a tub of hummus a day. Hashtag Hummusapien. And I'm not wishy washy about it, either. I know what I like. I don't want to have to stand there and think about what kind I'm getting. I want to grab my unsweetened vanilla almond milk, brown rice cakes, frozen wild blueberries and hummus and be OUTTA THERE.
Essentials, people. FOCUS.
I've been in a serious relationship with roasted garlic hummus for about two years now. Remember when I used it in my beloved Vegan Lasagna? My go-to hummus vehicle is a brown rice cake or my finger, but I was excited to use it in stuffed shrooms because who doesn't love a good holiday app this time of year?
I'm just the Jewish vegan bringing bright green stuffed mushrooms to the Christmas party...nobigdeal.
What is a big deal is this pan of shrooms. They taste like pesto shroomy dreamland that I want to vacation to when I get some time off work. I sprinkled them with vegan parm made with cashews, which is also sensational on vegan pizza might I add.
When you're up to your ears in crinkle cookies and candy canes, I have a plate of magnificent mushrooms for you. You could even hang one from the ceiling and pretend it's mistletoe.
Ya, I didn't think so either. Happy Christmahanakwanzika!Print
Basil Hummus Stuffed Mushrooms...the perfect healthy holiday party appetizer! Super flavorful, easy, and amazing for a crowd.
- 1 14oz package white button stuffing mushrooms (about 9 mushrooms)
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup roasted garlic hummus
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Arrange walnuts on a lined baking sheet. Toast for about 10 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Meanwhile, wipe dirt of mushrooms with a damp cloth. Carefully remove the stems.
- Dump walnuts into bowl of a large food processor. Place mushrooms hole side up on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse walnuts until finely chopped. Add basil, spinach, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse until well combined. Use a spatula to scrap down the sides. Add hummus and blend until fully combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into center of mushrooms. Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.