A deliciously creamy and decadent pasta bake that tastes just like spinach and artichoke dip without all the guilt! This vegan and kid-friendly recipe will have the whole family asking for seconds.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 8oz whole-grain fusili or penne pasta
- 1-12oz pkg frozen cauliflower florets
- 1-12oz pkg frozen flat-leaf spinach
- 1-15oz can artichoke hearts, divided + 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4-1 tsp salt, or to taste
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika + hot sauce (optional)
- Place cashews in a small bowl. Cover with hot water and set aside. (The further in advance you do this step, the better! Soak for at least 15 minutes and up to overnight.)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook frozen spinach and cauliflower according to package directions. Drain spinach and set aside.
- Place cooked cauliflower, drained cashews, one cup of the artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup of the artichoke liquid, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, dijon, salt and pepper in the bowl of a large food processor. Process for a few minutes, or until nice and creamy.
- Chop the remaining artichoke hearts. Place in a large mixing bowl along with the sauce, cooked pasta and drained spinach.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika (for color, optional) and serve as is OR dump pasta into an 8x8in baking dish and Heat at 350F for about 15 minutes, or until hot. I love this dish drizzled with Frank's hot sauce!