These muffers are for each and every one of you because I’m actually obsessed with you beyond ALL the words.
The night after my Confessions of a Food Blogger post went live, I sat in my bed with my perfectly terrible posture and read and read and read and re-read again your incredibly moving responses. I literally LOLed multiple times, and I don’t even use that word.
I cried real tears. I tasted the utter happiness. It was salty. I prefer popcorn.
But seriously, I feel like something happened there. I feel like we’re all united now by this beautiful bloggy bond. I like to cook, you like to eat. We were made for each other. We’re all friends…like the real kind. The kind that tells you when you have spinach in your teeth and you’re all like “actually it’s organic kale so you can suck it.”
The kind that wants to go out on a Friday night and flirt with tall, dark, handsome, smart, funny, honest, sweet, ambitious men but stays in with you because deep down she knows you burned a batch of cookies. Twice.
Consider this post my love letter to you all. I really do adore each and every one of you a weird amount.
Consider these muffins your belated Valentine’s Day present. I wish I could wrap them up and send three dozen to you. I’d ask for your addresses but I think I’d quickly go from appreciative blogger to holy-moly-I-think-she-just-
If you tried and loved my vegan chocolate banana muffins (I mean how could you not?), then you’re going to be all kinds of excited about this new rendition. These ones are naturally sweetened with medjool dates as well, but this time they don’t even have a drop of oil. I know. You can’t even.
I la la love you. With all my hummus. I mean heart.Print
Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins (no added sugar + oil-free)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
These vegan and gluten-free whole-grain muffins are studded with berries and chocolate chips for the perfect healthy treat! You’d never guess that they’re free of refined sugar and oil.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Place bananas, dates, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a large food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add in oat flour, almond meal, oats, flax, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Pulse until combined, being careful not to over-mix. Lightly fold in raspberries and chocolate chips using a separate spoon.
- Spoon evenly into muffin tin. The batter will be thick. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
[Tweet “No oil, no added sugar, no problem. Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins via @TheHummusapien”]