The most epic Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Skillet Cookie with a gooey center and crisp edges, just like the classic! This festive treat is guaranteed to conquer all your chocolate cravings.
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (can sub unbleached all purpose flour )
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Crushed candy canes, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet. If you don't have a skillet, use a round pie pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand held mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment), cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until a dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips and raspberries gently by hand (some may break, that's ok!).
- Spread mixture into prepared skillet. Bake for 18-20 minute, or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes and garnish with extra raspberries!