These healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Cookie Crust are completely vegan, gluten-free, and are the most delicious easy dessert for the holidays!
For the crust*:
- 1 (5.1oz) box Simple Mills Crunchy Pecan Cookies
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the bars:
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Line pan with parchment paper going both ways.
- Place cookies in bowl of food processor and pulse until it forms fine crumbs. Add coconut oil (do not melt) and process again for a minute or until more wet looking. Press mixture evenly and firmly into pan (this may take a few minutes). Bake crust for 8 minutes. Leave oven on and set crust aside to cool.
- To the same food processor bowl, add the filling ingredients. (I like to add a pinch of freshly ground pepper for extra spice!) Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour on top of baked crust and smooth out with spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is no longer jiggly. Cool on wire rack for an hour before placing in fridge to set for 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Slice into squares and serve with whipped cream of choice! (I love So Delicious’ coco whip.)
*If you don’t have Simple Mills cookies, use the same weight of cookies of choice (like gingersnaps). Recipe will work without the crust. Simply skip the the first two steps and bake filling in lined dish for 45 minutes. (I recommend ordering the cookies because it makes an amazing crust!)