Vegan Enchiladas with creamy black bean filling make a super satisfying and healthy plant-based dinner. Kid approved and gluten-free!
- 1/2 cup cashews (preferably raw), soaked
- Heaping 1/2 cup salsa (plus more for serving)
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup kale or spinach (optional)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8oz enchilada sauce
- Avocado and cilantro to garnish, if desired
- Place cashews in a medium bowl. Cover with hot water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Drain and rinse cashews. Place in food processor with salsa and bell pepper and blend for about a minute, or until smooth. Add beans, salt, and spices. Process until mixture is combined but has some texture. Add in kale and process just until the kale is broken down.
- Using a 13×9 pan, pour just enough enchilada sauce to cover bottom. Spoon filling into tortillas, fold them up, and place seam-side down on the pan. If the tortillas break, that’s ok! Once all enchiladas are all next to each other in the pan, cover them liberally with the rest of the enchilada sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with avocado and cilantro. Serve with extra salsa and devour!
To make cashew sour cream, blend ¾ cup soaked raw cashews, 1/3 cup water, 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice, and ¼ tsp fine sea salt in Nutribullet until smooth, adding more water if needed to blend.