The best vegan and gluten-free blueberry muffins you’ve ever laid mouth on! Packed with granola and walnut streusel, they make the perfect portable breakfast or snack.
For the muffins:
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup Udi’s vanilla granola
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
For the streusel:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place flax and water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- To make the streusel, place walnuts, granola, and coconut sugar in a small bowl, stirring to combine. Add coconut oil and mix together using your fingers until you have a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Place bananas and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in flax mixture.
- Add almond meal, oats, granola, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of the streusel mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for at least 20 minutes in tin on a cooling rack before removing from tin.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.