For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups brown lentils + 3 cups water
- 4 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head kale, very finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp za’atar
- juice of half an orange
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place lentils and water in medium pot on high heat. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes on until lentils are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place chopped sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked lentils, cooked sweet potatoes, cilantro, kale, red onion, and dressing.
- Serve warm or cold. This is delicious with hot sauce!