Everything you love about zesty beans and rice in convenient crockpot form!
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-15oz can black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn (I used Trader Joe's roasted corn)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cumin
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese (or more, to taste)
- Avocado, for topping
- Place all ingredients except cheese and avocado in a 5-qt crockpot. Cook on high (covered) for about 2½ hours, or until rice is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off crock-pot. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with diced avocado and more salsa on top.
Adapted from my Super Easy Chickpea, Broccoli and Brown Rice Crockpot Casserole