An incredibly easy and healthy one pot meal that the whole family will love. This tastes like broccoli cheddar soup in casserole form!
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-15oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1-12 oz package of frozen broccoli
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-5.3 oz container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more, to taste)
- Place rice, vegetable broth, chickpeas, broccoli, onion, garlic and salt in a 5 qt. slow cooker. Cook on high (covered) for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until rice is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off crock-pot. Stir in Greek yogurt and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.