These moist and perfectly sweet Strawberry Quinoa Oatmeal Bars are a delicious and healthy afternoon treat or breakfast! Vegan and gluten free.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa (or sub more oats)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease an 8x8in baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, spelt flour, quinoa, coconut, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add maple syrup, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Set aside ½ cup of the oat mixture and then press the rest into the prepared pan. Top with strawberry jam, spreading evenly with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 12-16 bars. Store in the refrigerator.