A delicious cauliflower dish loaded with veggies that secretly doubles as a low-carb version of rice!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, grated (stems removed)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed green kale leaves
- 1-14.5oz can diced tomatoes (unsalted)
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Remove the green stems from the cauliflower and chop the head in half. Using a box grater (or food processor), grate the whole head of cauliflower (one half at a time).
- In a large skillet, heat the oil to medium-high and saute the onion until fragrant and slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the grated cauliflower, garlic, and jalapeño to the skillet and stir consistently until the cauliflower begins to cook down and turn brown, about 5 -8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the kale leaves and stir them into the cauliflower rice. Cover skillet, allowing the kale leaves to soften about 2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, salt, and chili powder, and stir them into the "rice." Continue cooking another 2-3 minutes to allow some of the moisture to burn off, stirring consistently.
- Serve alongside your favorite meal.