I think this is one of the best recipes my tastebuds have ever tasted. There is a wide toothy grin plastered on my face. I cannot and will not cease the shoveling of sketti squash into my face trap.
Oh, so you thought the Spaghetti Squash with Vegan Tomato Basil Cream Sauce was good? Well WAKE UP, you hummus hooligans. There’s a new squash in town and it’s gonna blow your face off.
If you thought fire-roasted tomatoes blended with cashews was tasty, imagine artichokes. Or better yet, don’t imagine. Make it a reality. If there ever was a time for your blender, ’twas now.
Two ingredients. That’s what this creamy dream sauce is made of. Artichokes + cashews = UN.REAL.
Then there’s the sautéed mushrooms, the protein-packed chickpeas, the fresh parsley…I mean I honestly can’t. But I can. And I will. And you should tooooo!!!
The chickpeas aren’t essential, but I’m not one to leave out the chickpeas since I kind of am one. But you can easily leave them out and serve this as a side dish. The side dish of your dreams!!
Squash is boss.Print
The creamiest two-ingredient artichoke sauce you’ve ever tasted! Paired with spaghetti squash, sautéed veggies, and chickpeas, this one-pot wonder is a healthy vegan meal the whole family will devour.
For the sauce:
- 1 –15oz can quartered artichoke hearts in brine (I used Delallo, do not drain)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
For the spaghetti squash and veggies:
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8oz pkg baby bell mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1–15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional for added protein)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water. Let soak for at least 30 minutes or overnight (in a pinch or if you have a high-speed blender, you can skip this step.)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Slice spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out seeds and stringy flesh with a spoon. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over each half and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place face down on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While the squash is cooking, place 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add spinach and parsley and sauté´ until spinach is wilted.
- Place drained cashews and full can of artichoke hearts and liquid in blender or food processor (I used my Nutribullet). Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Use a fork to shred squash into strands. Place strands in a large bowl. Add sautéed veggies, chickpeas, and sauce, tossing to combine. Serve hot.
[Tweet “Dinner tonight: Vegan Spaghetti Squash with 2-Ingredient Artichoke Cream via @TheHummuapien”]