A festive, fresh and colorful shredded Brussels sprout salad bursting with textures and flavors from rosemary dusted walnuts, pomegranate, cranberries, and a delicious orange olive oil dressing. It gets even better as it sits, making it a great base for holidays and lunches!
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts, finely shredded or thinly sliced (I used the shredding attachment on the food processor)
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced (1/3 cup juice and 2 tsp zest)
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp Specially Selected Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fine sea salt, to taste (I used 1 tsp) + lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Dried Cranberries
- 1 pomegranate, seeded (1/2 cup arils)
- 1/2 cup Emporium Selection Shredded Parmesan (or goat cheese), optional
For the rosemary roasted walnuts:
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 tsp Stonemill Ground Rosemary Leaves
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place walnuts on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with rosemary and salt. Toss to combine. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing by whisking together orange juice and zest, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place shredded Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl along with pomegranate arils, cranberries, optional parmesan, and baked walnuts (plus all the yummy rosemary and salt leftover on the baking sheet). Add dressing and toss everything together to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt or pepper or lemon juice to taste. The salad will get more flavorful as it sits.
VEGAN: Omit cheese.
STORAGE: Place leftovers in an air-tight container and refrigerate. Salad is best eaten within 4 days.