A delightful savory spin on the classic zucchini muffin, free of butter and refined flour!
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water (or 2 eggs)
- 1 medium zucchini, grated + water squeezed out
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Sriracha Blue Diamond Almonds, ground into flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside to “gel.”
- Chop ends off and grate zucchini. Place in a strainer or seive to drain.
- Place sriracha almonds in food processor or blender (I used my nutribullet) and pulse until a flour is formed. Don’t over-process or the mixture will become too moist. You can also pulse oats to make oat flour if you don’t have pre-made oat flour.)
- Place oat flour, almond flour, sriracha almond flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Stir to combine. If you need to use your fingers to break up the almond meal, that’s fine!
- Add flax mixture, almond milk, and coconut oil. Stir until just combined. Use your hands to squeeze out any extra water from the zucchini. Fold in zucchini and green onions.
- Spoon into muffin tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.