These vegan and gluten-free salted chocolate no-bake protein bars make the perfect snack or dessert. They’re naturally sweetened and totally flourless!
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, packed (about 12 dates)
- 1 cup almonds (I used roasted salted almonds)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup vanilla plant-based protein powder (can sub coconut or oats)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Heaping 1/4 tsp salt (go heavy if using raw almonds)
- 1 tbsp water or almond milk (if needed)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment or wax paper.If your dates are hard, soak them in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to soften up.
- Place dates, almonds and walnuts in the bowl of a large food processor. Process a minute or two, or until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Add protein powder, cacao powder, chia seeds, and salt. Use a spatula to break apart and stir mixture a bit by hand before processing again until a dough ball is formed. If mixture won’t form a ball, add a tablespoon of almond milk.
- Place mixture in pan and flatten well with hands until even and smooth. Freeze overnight.
- Cut into 8-10 bars. Store in air-right container in freezer for best texture.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 84mg
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg