These firm, hearty broccoli burgers are the perfect meatless meal paired with decadent dairy-free cashew mayo!
For the burgers:
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1-15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
For the spicy cashew mayo:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp water, more if needed
- Place cashews in a bowl of water. Soak for 4 hours or overnight. If you're in a hurry, pour very hot water over the cashews and soak for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place broccoli florets on a baking sheet lined with a Silipat or parchment paper. Spray with olive oil spray or drizzle with a bit of oil. Bake for 15 minutes and then set aside to cool. Heat a large pan sprayed with oil over medium heat.
- Place cooled broccoli, chickpeas, flax, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, dijon, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large food processor. Process until well-combined. Stir in breadcrumbs by hand with a spatula. Form into four tightly packed patties.
- Cook for six minutes, or until golden, then flip and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Make cashew mayo: Drain cashews and add to a Nutribullet, high-speed blender, or food processor with hot sauce and water. Process for a couple minutes, scraping down the sides, until completely smooth and creamy, adding water to thin if needed.
- Serve burgers on whole-grain buns with spicy cashew mayo and extra hot sauce.