- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 2-3 oz quality dark chocolate
- pure maple syrup, to taste (optional)
- Blend almonds in a food processor for about 10 to 15 minutes, scraping down the sides every couple of minutes.
- When almond butter looks smooth and creamy, pause and melt the chocolate in the microwave in thirty-second intervals. Once melted, add to food processor. Blend for a minute more or until it's all mixed in.
- Sweeten with pure maple syrup (about a tablespoon) to taste, if you'd like.
- Store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.