This crowd-pleasing Quinoa Veggie Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce is a super flavorful plant-powered meal the whole family will love! Vegan and gluten-free.
For the stir fry:
- 2 cups dry quinoa + 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced (I use this, can sub 1 tsp dried)
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup edamame (thawed from frozen)
- 2 baby bok choy (can sub spinach or kale), chopped
For the sauce:
- Place quinoa and water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add onion, peppers, carrots, and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic, ginger, and broccoli, cooking for another 5 minutes or until broccoli is softened. Stir in edamame and bok choy at the end, cooking just until wilted.
- Add cooked quinoa and sauce to veggie mixture, stirring to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve warm garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.