These vegan, oil-free and gluten-free Pumpkin Muffins are super moist, easy, and full of fall flavor.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water (or 2 eggs)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, ground into flour
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325F. Spray a muffin tin liberally with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed and water. Set aside for five minutes to "gel."
- Place 1 cup old-fashioned oats in the food processor or Nutribullet and blend until you reach a fine flour-like consistency. Place oat flour in a large bowl along with the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, stir together wet ingredients, including the flax mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tins. Bake for about 22 minutes.
- Cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes before transferring muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.