The crispy peppered brussels sprouts with toasted coconut make the perfect healthy side dish.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, ends removed and sliced into thirds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Lots of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with a silipat or parchment paper.
- Place sliced brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Top with melted coconut oil, salt, and lots of pepper. Toss to combine. Do NOT add coconut yet!
- Spread onto a baking sheet, making sure they're in an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Then sprinkle sprouts with flaked coconut and return to the oven to bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove promptly. The coconut should be browned, not burned. Enjoy hot!