Thick, melt-in-your-mouth Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies packed with all the goods! Sweet, salty, soft, and chewy. The perfect cookie!
- 1/2 cup natural salted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt (use 1/2 tsp if peanut butter is unsalted)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 1 large or 2 regular cookie sheets with parchment paper or a Silipat.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together peanut butter, butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat just until combined. Add the flour, oats, coconut, baking soda and salt and beat until a smooth dough is formed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into smooth 1-inch balls (I used a cookie scoop) and place evenly 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake (one cookie sheet at a time) for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.
TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE: I have tested this recipe with this gluten free baking flour and it worked great! Also be sure to use certified gluten free oats.
TO MAKE VEGAN: I have not tested this, but vegan butter and a flax egg should work. They may be less puffy.