These ultra moist One Bowl Chocolate Banana Muffins Made with whole grain oat flour, almond flour, and sweetened naturally with bananas and dates, they make the perfect healthy and delicious treat or snack. Vegan and Gluten-free!
- 8 large Medjool dates, pitted*
- 3 small-medium very over-ripe bananas (about 1 1/3 cups, black is good!)
- 1 tbsp oil (I used avocado oil, coconut is fine too)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee grounds
- 1 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place dates, bananas, oil, almond milk, vanilla, and coffee in the bowl of a large food processor. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, cacao, flax, baking soda, and salt. Blend just until combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in optional chocolate chip, setting aside a few for topping each muffin.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling about 3/4 way full. I like to wet my finger tips and lightly smooth the tops (but don’t press too much or muffins will be firm). Top each muffin with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool in tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*If dates are hard, soak in warm water until softened.