- 8 large Medjool dates, pitted*
- 3 small-medium very over-ripe bananas (about 1 1/3 cups, black is good!)
- 1 tbsp oil (I used avocado oil, coconut is fine too)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee grounds
- 1 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place dates, bananas, oil, almond milk, vanilla, and coffee in the bowl of a large food processor. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, cacao, flax, baking soda, and salt. Blend just until combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in optional chocolate chip, setting aside a few for topping each muffin.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling about 3/4 way full. I like to wet my finger tips and lightly smooth the tops (but don’t press too much or muffins will be firm). Top each muffin with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool in tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*If dates are hard, soak in warm water until softened.