It’s Annie’s fault.
I was at Target picking up some odds and ends last week when I came across this dressing. I knew it was going to be amazing because all of Annie’s dressings are. If you’re anything like me, you love salad and you eat it when you go out to eat all the time but not as much at home because for some darn reason, they’re never as good at home.
…Until I met Goddess.
This dressing makes me want salad. All the time.
Kale can be hard to eat in a salad because of the strong taste, but this dressing really takes that away. Massaging the avocado into the leaves helps take away the bitterness, too.
Let’s be real… kale salads are all the rage right now.
They’re popping up on restaurant menus everywhere. McDonald’s will have one soon, no doubt. They’ll cover it in ranch and bacon bits and “chicken” and it’ll have more calories than two double cheeseburgers. What’re ya gonna do.
Because kale is trendy. It’s the “it” green.
It’s the hot pink skinny jeans of the leafy green world.
Get on board, people.
My Favorite Kale Salad
- 4 cups lacinto kale, chopped
- 3 tbsp Annie’s Goddess dressing
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup raw broccoli florets, chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chopped kale (large stems removed) in a large bowl.
- Add dressing, avocado and lemon juice and massage into leaves with your hands for about a minute or until leaves seem moistened and dressing looks uniform.
- Add the chopped pepper, broccoli, quinoa and sunflower seeds and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
The possibilities are endless with this salad. Chopped green onion, cranberries, hard-boiled eggs, feta, tomatoes etc. would all be delicious in this salad. It’s totally custamizable. It’ll develop even more flavor overnight in the fridge, so don’t hesitate to pack leftover for lunch the next day.
With or without a very bruised and battered pear.
I blame Annie.