I thought I'd share something different with you today, since a certain experience of a lifetime is about to end (while never ending thesis hours are about to begin). Oh the joy.
As my dreamy internship with SELF Magazine's nutrition blogger comes to a close, I am only filled with more excitement about what my future in writing and nutrition will bring. It has been an absolute dream helping with the writing for the nutrition blog twice per week, and I cannot describe how much I have learned. From fab Meatless Monday recipes and how-to's to the gazillion superfoods we highlighted over the year, it was a whirlwind of nutrition facts, super delish healthy recipes, foodie goodies and restaurant showdowns. I loved having the power to choose recipes from some of my favorite food bloggers (notice all the recipes from ohmyveggies, ohsheglows, howsweetitis and dailygarnish) and share my passion for meatless wonders for all the world to see. It would be a total dream come true to keep writing for a smiliar publication once I graduate.
Here's to the coolest job I've ever head, and hopes of many more to come! Thanks for everything, Sarah-Jane! Without further ado, of all the SELF posts I wrote, these were hands down my favorite:
- 5 Meatless Mains to Toss on the Grill Before Summer Ends
- 3 Vegetarian tricks to Fool Any Meat Eater
- 5 Surprisingly Vegan Desserts
- 3 New Ways to Eat Tofu
- Best Meatless Burgers and Dogs to Toss on the Grill
- 3 Tips and Tricks from My Vegan Friends
- Meatless Meals You Can Whip Up in 10 Minutes or Less
- Best Fruits to Throw on the Grill
- Cool New Pizza Toppings You Haven't Tried
- Best Unique Meatless Grilling Options
- Top 3 Tips for Ordering Meatless at Any Restauarnt
Superfood of the Week
- Almond Butter
- Dark Chocolate
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Goji Berries
- Sweet Potatoes
- Greek Yogurt
Posts Featuring Hummusapien Recipes
- Superfood of the Week: Oats (featuring my dark chocolate chunk strawberry banana bread)
- Superfood of the Week: Wild Salmon (featuring my goat cheese and spinach salmon burgers)
- Recipe of the Week: Superfood-Packed Bran Muffins (featuring my cranberry carrot bran muffins)
- Lightened-up Winter Drinks (featuring my pumpkin hot cocoa)
- What to Order This Week: Chipotle
- Indulge Without the Bulge: Healthy Ways to Eat Chocolate
- Gluten-Free Flour? For Real??
In other news, Sarah-Jane's first book, Schedule Me Skinny, comes out January 2014. I've been helping her with it all summer, and I'm beyond ecstatic that I'll be listed as a contributor! Make sure to take at a peek when it comes out. I'll definitely be back soon with a delish recipe. Promise!!