This refreshing Mango, Wheat Berry, and Arugula Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing salad has the perfect balance of chewy, peppery, sweet, and creamy. Makes great lunches!
For the wheat berries:
- 3/4 cup soft wheat berries (or grain of choice)
- 2 cups water
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice (from one medium lime)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 5oz baby arugula
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 avocado, diced
- Hemp seeds, for garnish
- Place wheat berries and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for thirty minutes (or until wheat berries are chewy and tender). Drain excess water.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Place arugula, cooked wheat berries, mango, green onion, and avocado (unless you’re making it for lunches, then slice avocado at time of serving) in a large mixing bowl. Pour dressing over top and toss well to combine. Garnish with hemp seeds. Portion leftovers in glass containers to grab for lunch!