Heya, friends! How's it hanging?
Happy summer! In case you missed it, be sure to check out last week's Lovely Meals roundup starring our Austin eats.
Let's dive into the goodness over the past week!
Cookout food at its finest. My parents made grilled salmon, a gorg fruit salad, corn, and broccoli cheese squares. Unpictured is round 2 of this meal plus a brownie with vanilla ice cream to top it off!
Portobello fajitas with guac and chips. Pretty much our favorite dinner lately. I used button mushrooms instead of portobellos and we did the veggies in a cast iron skillet on the grill!
These fresh flour tortillas are our fave right now. You can find them in the refrigerated section. You throw them on the skillet and they puff up in seconds! It's mesmerizing.
Afternoon snackin' on Greek yogurt with sliced banana, walnuts, and cinnamon.
Let's talk meal prep! I challenged myself to make a side for lunches this week with only what I had on hand. I cooked a cup of wild rice (plus 1 ¼ cups water and a pinch of salt) in the Instant Pot for 30 minutes.
While it cooled, I chopped fresh cherries and snap peas from our CSA. I also added leftover corn from corn on the cob, onion, and dried cherries. I dressed it all with about ¼ cup each of lemon juice and olive oil, a big squirt of Djon and maple syrup, plus plenty of salt and pepper. It's divine!
Fluffy blueberry pancakes with eggs--our go-to Saturday breakfast!
For some more easy things to throw together, I roasted a sheet pan of white sweet potatoes and broccolini. I pretty much toss everything with olive oil, kosher salt, garlic powder, and pepper then roast at 400F for 20-30 minutes depending on the veg.
I also sautéed zucchini and squash and whipped up mango tahini sauce using frozen mango. I find we can always pull something together as long as we have potatoes/grains, veg, and a yummy sauce!
Another batch of almond flour chocolate chip cookies because I'm obsessed. I tried them with melted butter so you can mix all in one bowl without using a mixer and it worked swimmingly!
Smoked salmon club sammie from Alchemy for fuel on our way to Cleveland.
We grabbed Aab India on our way home from Cleveland for din. I did aloo chole and Jeff gets the chicken tikka. Always naan and chutney!
Leftovers from Aab, roasted sweet potatoes with mango tahini sauce, and roasted broccolini.
Things I'm Loving Lately
- Book update! Malibu Rising was a delish read. I flew through. it and was sad when it ended! Everything thayt author writes is gold. I just started Somebody's Daughter and am loving it! Great writing, characters, and an intriguing story so far. Tell me in the comments what you're reading!
- I can't stop listening to this song.
- For any new mamas reading, Max was having bad blowouts into his Merlin (best invention ever) every night even in size up diapers when we were using Kirkland. We tried Honest diapers and it solved the problem instantly. They fit so well and keep everything in the diaper!
- $10 biker shorts...need I say more? Also these mesh shorts are 70% off (what!)...$16.97 from $58. Love all the colors!
- Half off these adorable black high rise jeans!
- Half off undies if anyone's in the market.
Have the best week!