Happy hump day, pals! We're off to Austin on Friday and I'm super duper excited because we've been wanting to explore this city for a while now.
I'm also very nervous to leave our little Bubbie bear behind. He'll be having a blast at Grandma's, but I know I'll miss him tons! Can you believe he's already five months old?
Meals and Snacks Lately
Wild tuna filets (defrosted from frozen) marinated in soy sauce, chili paste, pepper, garlic powder, and avocado oil plus grilled veggies, broccolini and baked potatoes! Why are baked potatoes with butter and salt the most satisfying thing ever?
The most delish biscuit sandwich with miso sweet potato, kimchi greens, and frisco sauce from Boxwood Biscuit. Jeff got one with crispy chicken and truffled creamed spinach---yum! It was our first time and we'll definitely go back.
Fluffy orange muffins for a delish snack! Also yummy crumbled over a yogurt bowl.
My favorite cereal combo lately is Nature's Path Heritage Flakes, Rice Chex, blueberries, walnuts, dry oats, and hemp seeds. Eggs on the side!
Toast duo for a snack! We're getting the most magnificent strawberries in our CSA lately and I can't get enough.
I love to make a batch of chickpea walnut taco meat for dinner. It feeds us for two nights plus a lunch, so that's a win!
Mmmm refreshing cherry chocolate smoothies! I've been freezing greens like spinach and chard that we don't use during the week and I love the texture it adds.
We added this mango, wheat berry and arugula salad with cilantro lime dressing to Alchemy Meal Prep's menu and it was a hit!
Fried eggs with avocado toast on repeat because I cannot get enough of this combo!
Fusain sushi roll for a quick weekend lunch.
These trail mix cookies were delish! I loved how easy they were to make. I used Trader Joe's candy drops, chocolate chips, and dried blueberries.
Paulie Gee's square pizzas dine in (gasp!) plus the most delish amaro cocktail.
Things I'm Loving Lately
- I'm so excited to read Taylor Jenkins Reid's newest book, Malibu Rising. I've loved all her other books so I have high hopes!
- I recently learned about an organization that started in Columbus called The 52 Million Project. Once you sign up, you donate $1 a week to rotating nonprofits around the country fighting poverty. It's like an affordable subscription to charities!
- V into these fun platform slides that are 50% off!
- Madewell has my favorite shorts and jeans ever. They're really comfortable and they last. I have my eye on these adorable shorts that are on sale right now. Also these ripped ones!
- Super cute running shoes with cheetah detail.
Catch ya on the flip side, pals!