Heya, friends! We've got some exciting news...we moved this past weekend! We purchased our first Denver home and it feels so monumental.
For some background, we've felt in limbo for years now. We spent two years looking for a new house in Columbus and realized we didn't feel super drawn to any areas there.
Then we decided to move to Colorado, which was the best decision ever. We rented for nine months in dreamy Wash Park, which worked out well because it gave us time to figure out where we wanted to put down roots while soaking up living in one of the best areas of Denver.
I was definitely concerned we wouldn't find a house before baby is due or that we'd be moving with a newborn. I'm so grateful we found a home that feels absolutely perfect for our family!
I'm also thrilled we're still in Denver proper while also in a quiet neighborhood that's close to everything we love to do. Now I can nest before the baby comes this summer, woot woot!
Moving 13 minutes away was exponentially easier than going across the country, as you could imagine. I'm so glad we kept all our labeled boxes so we could basically just put everything back!
I'll continue to share lots of fun house stuff over on Instagram. Onto the eats!
I've been super into hard-boiled eggs for easy snacks. I put the eggs in a muffin tin and bake at 350F for 27 minutes, then put them in an ice bath to cool. I keep the eggs unpeeled in the fridge so they stay fresh all week.
Delish avocado egg salad for lunch! Mash four eggs with with an avocado, splash of lemon juice, Dijon and/or whole grain mustard, a finely chopped dill pickle, onion powder or a little chopped onion, and lots of salt and pepper. Amazing!
My favorite lasagna soup for cozy, veggie-packed lunches.
Baja fish and a veggie fajita taco from Chimáyo in Silverthorne. Really yummy tacos!
And incredible strawberry banana Nutella crepes, obviously.
Lunch idea! Roasted from frozen stir fry veggies, leftover quinoa grain mix, baked tofu (drained and pressed then tossed in olive oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, and cornstarch), and my teriyaki sauce. Leftover roasted sweet potatoes on the side.
These banana coconut muffins are an oldie but such a goodie when you have leftover bananas.
Sourdough avocado toast and over easy eggs...a staple.
Frozen pizza night! This is Milton's cauliflower crust veggie pizza from Costco. I like how cheesy the crust is. Max is also a fan!
Blueberry banana baked oatmeal but used peanut butter and added coconut and chocolate chips. Mmmmm.
I made carrot cake for Jeff's birthday and we loved it. We ate it every night for a week and it was awesome how moist it stayed in the fridge!
Weird but delish combo I've been craving: fried eggs with roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, lemon juice, and everything bagel seasoning. Very satisfying.
Creamy dreamy Healthy Potato Soup!
Things I'm Loving Lately
- I got these strappy sandals to wear on our baby moon in Ojai at the end of the month and they're fab! I think they'll go with so much. I also got these braided flats and both are very comfy and easy.
- I get my first Nuuly delivered this week! It's a subscription clothing rental with brands like Anthropologie and Free People. After seeing my neighbor always looking so adorable, I had to try it. I'm excited to be able to rent versus buy new clothes, especially since I'm not in a phase of life where I'm wearing things long term. And they have a great maternity section!
- We got two new sage chairs for Max's favorite table set and I love how it looks in our new house! Use code HUMMUS for 10% off Lalo products through the end of the month.
- I'm on the third book of Elin Hildebrand's Paradise series, Troubles in Paradise. I'm loving it! Renting books for free on Libby is simply the best.
- I just sent my little niece the book All Bodies Are Good Bodies. She loved it and I love that my sister is having these crucial conversations with her now!
- This desk chair looks so awesome with my desk in my new office. It's firm yet comfortable and I love how wide it is.
- I got this comfy little chair for Max and he's obsessed. He can move it around from room to room and feels totally independent! I like that it's not too small and can grow with him through age 5. We also got this rattan rocking chair for his room since we're moving his current rocker to the new baby's nursery.
- New sunnies because I'm a pro at losing them!
Have a delish week!