Is it just me or does it feel like spring already? Even just hearing the birdies chirping brings me life! I can't wait to spend more time outside. Hooray, sunlight!
Jeff and I just got back from a long weekend together celebrating his 40th birthday in Denver. Talk about sunshine!
In case you missed them, be sure to check out my newest recipes. We're talkin' Healthy Chocolate Muffins, Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies, Banana Oat Muffins, Black Bean Burgers and Vegan Meatball Subs.
Onto the good eats!
I've been obsessed with TJ's whole wheat English muffins with peanut butter and jelly whilst sipping hot coffee as a "first breakfast" or snack (eggs or smoothie soon after depending on what I'm craving).
I made my Instant Pot Pad Thai with edamame and it was fab! Cole slaw mix is the best thing since sliced bread.
I've been craving a smoothie each day like mad, either as a mid morning post-workout snack or in the afternoon.
My go-to formula right now is about a cup of frozen berries (blueberries, cherries, and strawberries), ¼ cup frozen spinach, about a tablespoon each flax, hemp seeds, and cacao powder, a scoop of this or this chocolate protein, and almond milk.
I made my girl Jamie's sweet potato grain bowls for lunch (thanks for the inspo, Dylan!) and they were delish. She has amazing recipes. Sometimes we just need a kick in the pants to have a grain, veggies, and sauce ready to go for lunch.
I've been trying to eat more probiotic-rich foods and this one was great with sauerkraut.
I had to spotlight this amazing farmer's burrito from a little spot called Hoja in Denver. The flavor combo was so unique. It had local eggs, hash browns, jalapeños, cucumbers, cabbage, tahini, pepitas and sunflower seeds.
I'd never seen this flavor kombucha so I grabbed it at Target and it was SO REFRESHING.
Lemon blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs for brunch!
While my diet leans plant based, you know I eat my fair share of fish, eggs and dairy. I definitely don't consider any foods "off limits." On that note, lately I've been craving bacon with brunch and pepperoni on pizza. LOL.
It's not a MUST HAVE A CORNED BEEF SAMMIE like pregnancy situation, though. More as a seasoning versus the main event, ya know?
I made shockingly amazing veggie burger tacos at 10pm when we got home from the airport starving using what we had in the fridge.
All I did was cook a couple Costco black bean burgers (the best) and crumble them in corn tortillas with avocado smashed avocado, shredded cabbage, salsa, cheddar cheese, and a crema I made with whole milk yogurt mixed with Chipotle tabasco. They honestly turned out so good that I may have to post a recipe!
We are so obsessed with these cherry chocolate cookies!
The easiest baked cod when I don't know what to make for dinner. I take a big package of frozen wild cod (not defrosted) and dump in a baking dish. I top with a can of tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, plenty of salt, pepper and garlic powder, plus whatever herbs I have on hand. I like thyme.
Bake at 400F for about 35-40 minutes. I served it with TJ's sweet potato gnocchi!
A magical oat milk flat white with a chocolate croissant. Heaven.
My favorite banana muffins with fresh bloobs added.
Ahi tuna marinated in soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, sesame oil, dried ginger, and garlic baked at 400F for about 8 minutes. We served it with Costco's frozen cauliflower fried rice and added fried eggs and avocado!
Chickpea pasta with marinara, goat cheese, and leftover steamed broccoli that Max was very uninterested in. The goat cheese really took it over the top!
My favorite bagel sammie from the Lox! Beet cream cheese, egg, and lettuce on a sea salt herb bagel.
Things I'm Loving Lately
- This play-kit. Max is 13 months and absolutely loves playing with everything. Love how well made and aesthetically pleasing the toys are, too.
- "Bargain Block" on HGTV. We also love "Love It Or List It". The banter between Hillary and David and is everything.
- These crazy affordable sunglasses. I got them in all black and the gold and they're fabulous. You can see them in the first pic!
- Perfect vintage jeans, but in white! You know my ride or die pair are always my #1. They fit like a glove so obviously I needed them in white. I've actually been wearing them in winter with nude booties and I freaking love how white in winter is a thing now.
- Super cute and comfy bow flip flop sandals that you can wear to dinner.
- I just started reading Motherwhelmed and I'm so enthralled with the author's perspective on how (or how not) mothers are supported in today's world.
- Things We Never Got Over: a "small town contemporary rom com" that makes you super excited to keep reading! An easy, juicy, sexy, and totally fun read