Holy guacamole, I can't believe I'm 38 weeks pregnant! I had Max what would be the equivalent of tomorrow sooo we shall see. My mom is in town from Cleveland and the bags are packed!
My body is experiencing the whole gamut of wild discomforts that only late pregnancy can bring so I'm wishing with all my might that he makes his debut very soon. Be sure to check out all my Motherhood content if that's your thang!
Max is wishing, too. Onto the eats!
We had a fab Father's Day cookout complete with burgers on brioche buns, the sweetest watermelon, this amazing peach Brussels salad, these potato wedges (no parm), and grilled zucchini tossed in oil, balsamic, salt, pepper and garlic.
For the burgers, this recipe is my new go-to. I double it using one pack of 80/20 ground beef and one 85/15. This time I omitted the onion and added a couple spoonfuls of Greek yogurt and a squirt of ketchup plus plenty of ground black pepper on top. Jeff grills them and they come out amazing!
The whole fam is obsessed with PBJ smoothies!
We can't get enough of these strawberry oatmeal bars. Max has been having them for breakfast.
Eggs and peanut butter toast with berries for a simple and satisfying breakfast number one. Target sells Silver Hill's sprouted bread fresh so we've been into that!
I got a big slab of salmon from Costco that I seasoned and cooked on the lowest oven rack setting for 20 minutes on broil. No cutting required, just tent the foil around it to catch the juices. Shoutout to Pat for this method! We paired it with baked potatoes, salad, and some leftovers for an easy dinner.
A random Sweet Green-inspired salad with their leftover spicy cashew dressing, roasted sweet potatoes, cucumber, cabbage, baked tofu and puffed rice cereal. Not as good as the OG but still yum!
Blueberry banana bread on repeat for snacks!
Rainbow Mediterranean chickpea salad for the best lunch!
We've been eating soooo much overnight oatmeal. This chocolate pb version is my current fave! I have a feeling I'll be eating tons postpartum, too.
This baby has really been craving vanilla ice cream sundaes for dessert and I'm here for it. I found the best salted fudge topping at Whole Foods!
Loaded everything bagel sammie from Call Your Mother Deli with a side of very curious toddler.
This white fish with basil beans was incredible! I used thawed from frozen wild mahi from Costco. I doubled it but kept the butter the same. I also made these roasted red potatoes and they were amazing. The parm totally made the dish. So crispy!
Stuff I'm Loving Lately
- Free infant formula: I'm obsessed with Ohio-made Baby's Only Organic Infant Formula and they're giving away FREE full-sized samples on their site. Use code HUMMUSAPIEN for free shipping. How incredible is that?!
- Battle on the Beach: We love home reno shows like this and after flying through Beat the Block, we found this gem!
- Swivel chair: We just got this and I absolutely love it! It's comfy, stylish, not too big, and just perfect for what we were looking for in our basement! I also just got this lamp for the TV area in our basement and I can't wait for Jeff to put it together.
- Shorts: Quite literally living in these maternity biker shorts. Same as the leggings version, they're like butter! They could not be more comfortable.
- Tool box toy: If you need a fun new toddler toy, Max can't get enough of this tool box. He takes the drill everywhere and loves screwing in the screws!
- Protein bars: My current favorite store-bought snack! These plant-based cookie dough protein bars are everything. Great ingredients and they taste delish!
- Exfoliant: Eminence is my skincare obsession. I swear by their stone crop moisturizer and serum. My skin has never been softer! This oxygenating exfoliant is gentle, smells amazing, and it seriously lasts FOREVER! Whenever I use it my skin looks sooo refreshed after.
Have the best week, pals!