Hi fam! How are ya?
Sweet baby Max just turned one. Can you EVEN?! Note to self: don't schedule a party that day (or days) after baby vaccines...
How's life feeling over here in hummus land, you ask? Truthfully, it feels like everything is in transition, still. I'm officially a year into being a mom, which feels so wild and wonderful. I'm grateful for my little family, my friendships, my health, and this space. And for the super hot coffee and pan au chocolate my bestie just dropped at our doorstep.
Little tidbits I've been reminding myself of lately: Life is a transition. Every day is a new day. I can do hard things. I am a human evolving.
Not feeling as inspired or motivated doesn't mean those feelings are absent, they're just less accessible at times. A bit buried, perhaps. Thank you, wise therapist!
Onto the good eats I mentioned last month that I'm hoping to continue to do these monthly as they foster the connection with this community that I crave. I love when you leave comments, so please do! Fill me in on your life, what you're reading, watching, eating, loving. I appreciate you!
My new chocolate peanut butter energy bites are everything.
My favorite buddha bowls! I added tofu that I pressed then tossed with a splash of olive oil, soy sauce, cornstarch, and garlic powder and baked at 375F for about 30 minutes.
My favorite pad kee mao from Bamboo Thai. And some red wine from the wine shop we love to walk to!
I love that it's a fact we eat out every Friday and Saturday night. I struggle with decision fatigue and not having to decide if I'm cooking those days is actual magic for my brain.
Trying to change things up, even if it's just a little. I made us goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes omelettes with butter + jam wheat toast for brunch. It felt like diner vibes and it was stellar.
I think my snickerdoodles make the list of recipes I'm most proud of!
Also these salty buckwheat cookies from Bon Apetit...honestly incredible. Do something different!! You can use the leftover buckwheat flour to make pancakes.
My immune boosting soup! It's soooo comforting. I'm already craving it again.
Butternut and goat cheese pasta with peas. Mmmmmm, cozy.
Mid-day walk with Max where I stop for a coffee and ginger molasses cookie from Pistacia Vera. What a treat.
The best tuna in Trader Joe's yummy whole wheat pitas with Grillo's pickles and salt and vinegar kettle chips. Alllll the texture and flavor notes.
Can't get enough of my enchiladas with avocado and tortilla chips. Lately I add shard cheddar on top. This is a frequent flyer meal for us for sure.
Not a meal, just two fun new grains I never have in the pantry. I'm excited to make something yummy with them!
One night we ordered pizza from Donatos and Jet's. I meannnnnnnn.
10 Things I'm Loving Lately
- The show that's keeping me on my toes: the newest season of Ozark! Just when you think Wendy can't get any more annoying... but Ruth is just everything.
- This quote that moved me: "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." --Anais Nin
- This song I'm listening to on repeat: "Second Nature" by Bon Iver from "Don't Look Up."
- These insanely comfy, lightweight joggers changed my life. Is that dramatic? I have them in two colors and they fit like a glove. I'd recommend sizing up (mine are S).
- Just got this winter coat (on big sale!) in the vegan black leather and I'm in love with how long it is and how warm it keeps me. It runs very large so I would size down at least one size if not more. It also comes in regular black!
- The coziest lounge set! Investing in some cute and comfy loungewear may just be the best thing I did last month.
- My favorite chocolate plant protein powder ever closed down and is now back up and running. It's the protein we've used at Alchemy since 2014 and it's seriously the best!
- I've been waving my hair with crimp wand and I'm in love. I was craving a fresh new way to style my hair and this look fits the bill! I used it to do my hair in the first pic!
- We played Sequence with friends when we spend the weekend in Hocking Hills and it was an absolute blast.
- Super cozy and affordable PJs for Max since this guy is growing like a weed (we got 18 months).