Hi, pals! Happy Spring! Happy sunshine! Errrr, rain?
Ugh, I'm so freaking ready for warm n' fuzzy weather. Anywho, what's new in your life? What are you eating and watching and singing and craving? Fill me in!
Lovely Meals Lately
My forever favorite healthy-ish one bowl chocolate chip cookies that Jeff and I crave.
Savory oatmeal, mmmm. I take leftover overnight oatmeal and add fried eggs, avocado, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Amazing.
Luscious veggie fajitas in flour tortillas with guac (avocado, cilantro, lots of lime juice, kosher salt, and a pinch of coriander) plus refried beans! Jeff doubles the seasoning and uses it to make chicken.
How amazing is this giant no flip blueberry pancake? Such a fun weekend brunch! We had it with eggs and bacon. I'd cut the kosher salt down to 1 teaspoon next time versus 1 ¼ teaspoon.
Pad kee mao...my wide noodle veggie obsession. Bamboo Thai is in the regular rotation for Saturday takeout. The kimchi dumplings are also a must!
Favorite snack:sprouted toast with tahini, banana, and salt. Simple. Perfect.
Easiest tomato cod! This is a go-to dinner when I have nothing planned and limited groceries. I'm going to be posting a similar recipe soon. Take a 2 pound bag of frozen cod and dump it into a 9x13 inch oiled baking dish (or use parchment paper for easy cleanup).
Top with a can of diced tomatoes, whatever herbs you fancy (I love fresh thyme, but parsley or dried oregano would be great) and a very liberal pinch of kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 400F for about 35 minutes or until flakey
You can also use thawed or fresh fish, just pat dry and cook closer to 25 minutes. The frozen version will have more liquid but is still delish.
We like this one with Trader Joe's creamy sweet potato gnocchi! I make two packages.
For a dinner that I magically had everything on hand for, I whipped up these buffalo tuna stuffed peppers. I doubled the recipe and it fed us for one night, lolz. I used white onion, added garlic powder, omitted carrot, and did half mayo half yogurt.
We enjoyed it with roasted zucchini plus this yummy pita garlic bread! Simply spread butter on halved pitas and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and parm or nooch. Broil till crispy. Just like my mama used to make.
Casa Verde's Latin-inspired meals are my jam for a quick, heat and eat meal. I'm digging the lentil mole with leftover rice, herbs, greek yogurt, and avocado., You can use code ALEXIS20 for 20% if you want to try!
Have you made this delish carrot banana bread yet? I'm in love with her.
A big smoothie based on this with frozen bloobs and cherries, spinach, chocolate protein, cacao, hemp seeds, avocado, and almond milk. Dreamy topped with Cheerios and cacao nibs for crunch.
Pepperoni banana pepper and the Spicy Yuma pizza from Harvest. You pals know I love my plants, but I def have a special place in my heart these days for pepperoni and bacon....eeeee!
Stuff I'm Loving Lately
- The song "Stay Next To Me."
- I always used this liquid foundation but lately I'm too lazy to put it on. This is my new favorite powder (I have medium tan) because it's so easy to throw on and give you a bit of coverage while still looking natural.
- I needed a new tinted mineral sunscreen to wear daily. Loving it so far.
- Battle on the Block on HGTV is our jam right now! I keep telling Jeff, "this is my favorite show ever."
- Doing uncomfortable things. Like challenging myself (as silly as that sounds) to *just* walk outside versus immediately putting on Spotify or a podcast. Similarly, pausing when I notice myself wanting to open apps or my email early in the morning. We know we grow from challenging ourselves physically with exercise, but we also need to work out our precious brains!
- I've talked about these wireless earbuds before, but you really can't be 21 bucks. And I use them all the time!
- I was in desperate need of new underwear and these undies are sooooo comfy and cute. They're on sale 7 pairs for $28!
- These comfort bralettes changed my life. I've tried a lot like this style that claim comfort but don't deliver. I always reach for these! I got black and mauve.
- This quote: "Be open to it being better than you imagined."
- Favorite book right now: Motherwhelmed.
You know how much I love these monthly posts always!! My best source of inspiration that I always come back to for some fun, new ideas! : )
Alexis Joseph says
Heck yes, thanks for the encouragement Val!
Savory oatmeal is my JAM! I like to add in some turmeric and black pepper for extra benefits and then add my egg and avocado. Also, sounds odd but if I have leftover Indian takeout (aloo chat, the one with the chickpeas) I add that on top of oatmeal too and its awesome.
Alexis Joseph says
Isn't it so good? And that actually sounds FAB!
I'd been wanting to try Casa Verde & you provided the best prompt to pull the trigger! Just ordered two variety packs - thank you so much!
Alexis Joseph says
Heck yes I'm SO glad you did! Let me know what you think 🙂