Happy Wednesday, friends. While this has been quite a heavy week, I’m so inspired by the self-reflection and action I’m watching unfold all around me. I’ve thought a lot about how I can help inspire, educate, and be a resource during these times. It is an honor and a privilege to be able to use this platform to help spread justice.
artwork by Danielle Coke
I hope you find these resources helpful, and please share more in the comments. BLACK LIVES MATTER.
Resources to actively practice antiracism:
- Donate to The ACLU, Black Visions Collective, Reclaim the Block, Black Lives Matter, Color of Change
- Support black-owned local bookshops by shopping Bookshop.org
- Read Me and White Supremacy by Layla Saad, White Fragility by Robin Diangelo, So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijemoa Oluo, and How to be an Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Purchase kids books featuring black heroes and characters
- Take Rachel Rickett’s Spiritual Activism 101 ($55) online workshop, an opportunity to observe sacred and spiritual conversation about how we can acknowledge our privilege, heal our race-related wounds and actively contribute to lasting and effective racial justice
- Take Rachel Cargle’s Unpacking White Feminism online course
- Follow these black dietitians and foodies
- Text “JUSTICE” To 668366, text “FLOYD” To 55156 (this costs nothing)
- Have uncomfortable conversations with yourself, your parents, your partner, your children, your friends (this costs nothing)
artwork by Danielle Coke
Lovely Meals and Snacks Lately
Overnight steel cut oats with berries and peanut butter.
My favorite buffalo tempeh with hemp ranch from Alchemy Meal Prep, which has been saving my lunch life lately. We’re donating all proceeds to Columbus Freedom Fund this week.
We’ve definitely been less into cooking and more into grabbing something quick. This dinner was a Brassica bowl with lentils and rice plus all the toppings. The homemade pita is the best!
Carrot cake baked oatmeal bars…cannot get enough. The frosting is so good on pancakes!
Smoothie with frozen blueberries, banana, and strawberries, spinach, flax, almond butter, cinnamon, collagen, and coconut water. So refreshing.
Our house veggie burgers for Burger Night at Alchemy Kitchen (4-8pm Friday)!
Avocado brownies that taste like straight fudge. So satisfying and delish straight from the fridge!
Pancakes with fruit, peanut butter, and maple syrup plus eggs and micro greens on the side.
Chickpea lemon rice soup for quick lunches.
Power mac and cheeze with peas and broccoli that looks totally unappetizing but was actually super good.
I hadn’t made my vegetable shrimp curry in a while and it totally hit the spot! It comes together pretty quickly, too. Gotta have naan on the side.
Here’s to listening, learning, and taking meaningful action this week.