Happy Wednesday, frands!
I've had a terrible cold for the past week. My nose is like a drippy faucet. No fun! Max seems to be happy as a clam though, so that's fabulous.
Be sure to read Day In the Month with a Four Year Old. Where does the time go?!
I also shared the best new breakfast---Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Pancakes that you simply must make.
I remember when I struggled with orthorexia, I never dreamed of making pancakes at home with all purpose flour. Like I wasn't "allowed" to enjoy those unless it was at a restaurant. Can anyone relate? How far we've come!
Onto the good eats!
Lately for breakfast all I want is fried eggs with avocado toast. If it ain't broke...
We went to Budd Dairy Food Hall for the first time on Saturday for a late lunch. We brought Max and it was really fun to do something different! The Maine lobster roll and tacos did not disappoint.
A nice batch of my fave stuffed shells for dinner. Love that this makes enough to feed us for two nights and then some.
I can't get enough of these chocolate chip cookies, truly. Whenever I make cookies and Jeff asks what I'm making, I tell him "a kale Brussels sprout salad." So now when he wants me to make cookies, he asks if we have any kale salads. LOL.
Baked salmon with roasted Yukon gold potatoes and broccoli, AKA what I make when the creative juices aren't flowing and I have salmon in the freezer.
For perfect potatoes, I chop them up and toss with olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder then bake at 425F for about 32 minutes. Perfection!
Lemon blueberry pancakes, anyone?
Tuna noodle casserole never fails us! I added some soy sauce and doubled the mushrooms.
Banana bread protein bars for easy snacking!
The Good Greens salad at Alchemy with apples, radish, snap peas, matcha granola, goat cheese, and lemon dressing is delish beyond words.
Smoked salmon sammie with veggies on a rye croissant from Pistacia Vera. Super tasty.
These matcha bites are seriously the bomb. Raise your hand if you agree!
I made my cherry crisp twice to enjoy with friends and forgot to take a pic both times!
Things I'm Loving Lately
- Shoes are always the winner so let's start there. I must have these leopard twist sandals!
- I own two pairs of these Align biker shorts in black because they're THAT comfortable and I wear them constantly.
- How cozy is this oversized sleep shirt? I live in these and this one has stellar reviews about the softness.
- I've been very into this tie dye muscle tank, which I also have in two colors (looks great with the shorts!). It's great for working out or just lounging because it's so comfy. After covid and baby, all my body craves is comfort.
- Adorable "Head Chef" and "Sous Chef" t-shirt and onesie for baby (or this funny snoring one). Father's Day perfection.
See you on the flip side!
I LOVE this blog so much! Thank you for the inspiration and for being real. I'm sorry you're not feeling well and wish you a speedy recovery.
I'm interested to hear more about how you overcame orthorexia, this is something I struggle with.
You made my day, Kim! Check out "Must Reads" under the Wellness category. That's the hub for everything on my journey! Sending you love.