How's it going, pals? Max says "hi!" from our lovely morning walk.
I've done some more work on the blog! You'll notice a brand spankin' new recipe index, complete with filters so you can pick recipes by meal, diet, season, and holiday. They're not all categorized yet so don't get in a tizzy if you can't find one.
You can now find all my favorite Kitchen Essentials on my Shop page. Weeee!
Also make sure you're subscribed so you can get my Healthy Dinners You'll Love e-Book freebie.
In other news, because I believe in being super transparent, I feel compelled to share with you that I'm struggling with major ups and downs emotionally as of late. I of course attribute this to postpartum and my hormones still being a bit out of whack. It's been tough to feel like me.
Perhaps also from getting married, cancelling my wedding like three times, and having a baby all during a pandemic... YA KNOW.
Why is it at bedtime we always have to think of all the stressful things?! I popped on Instagram last night before bed and I know that's what drove me into a spiral. Comparison really is the thief of joy.
But the sun is shining and it's going to be a good week, my friends!
Lovely Meals and Snacks
Strawberry avocado toast is simply the best.
I made a batch of this delish banana bread and it smells FANTASTIC. I foresee a zucchini version in the near future!
Major snacking happening with these lemon baked oatmeal cups.
Lemony sheet pan shrimp and potatoes woot woot. Major yum!!
Epic sea salt and herb bagel sandwiches from The Lox for brunch!
Taco night! We're so into my chickpea walnut taco meat, especially with a big bowl of guac. Yum!
We can't get enough of these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Have you made them?
My mom brought me this chocolate bar from Heinen's and Jeff and I smashed it real quick. The salt is essential!
Dried apricots and Sunbutter snack. Weird but real good.
Cavatelli with red sauce and a big salad for a delish and super simple Sunday dinner. Cavatelli is easily my favorite noodle, but we can never find it anywhere in Columbus! Jeff's mom brings it frozen from Youngstown.
I whipped up this cilantro lime tortellini salad as a dinner side and it was a hit! Jeff loooooves cilantro anything.
We went rogue and tried a new pizza place last Friday. I can't lie...Paulie Gee's Detroit-style square is forever my fave.
Thing I'm Loving Lately
- Baby Max (and Jeff hehe) got me this sweet I Love Mom book for Mother's Day and a fun monthly flower subscription. I love having fresh flowers so much!
- Spending intentional time offline. That used to mean deleting Instagram off my phone. Now I can just make the decision and then not look at it for days. It does wonders for clearing my brain and bringing me back to what matters--real life.
- I love these braided slide sandals with all my heart!
- We're on such a Top Chef kick right now. It's probably been ten years since I've watched it and now I can't stop. Also I love how Padma never repeats a hair style...LOL.
- All I want is a smoked strawberry margarita like yesterday.
What are you loving? Reading? Eating? Leave it in the comments!