Aaaaand we're back with another edition of all the delish eats! I wanted SO badly to get a recipe for you done this past weekend but the cookie just didn't crumble that way. I apologize for not doing a Monday recipe post!
The good news is that I busted out several recipes today and I can't wait to share them with you all. We're talking epic Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, Summer Quinoa Salad with Peaches, Blueberries, and Corn, Cherry Crisp, and Broccoli Salad. Let me know in the comments which one you're most excited about.
It felt so uplifting to ride the inspiration train today. I always produce the best content when creative the juices come rolling in!
Lovely Meals and Snacks Lately
Takeout from Aladdins', including my favorite grape leaves, baba ganoush, mujadara salad, and boatloads of their beloved hot sauce.
We went to Trader Joe's this weekend so I got to stock up on some of my favorites! I adore their whole wheat English muffins so those have been my jam for breakfast lately with eggs and fruit on the side. Who else is loving cantaloupe right now?
I love their chocolate hazelnut biscotti dipped in coffee. Such a nice little sweet treat!
Love their dried mango, too.
My amazing best friend Simi made me this No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie and it was glorious right out of the freezer. P.S. If you haven't checked out her virtual Barre class membership, Unmeasured, you must!
She's an incredible instructor that celebrates every body like no other. I look so forward to her new workouts each week.
I made my Chili Cornbread Casserole for dinner this week and it was stellar with hot sauce and a sprinkle of cheddar. I omitted the celery and added zucchini instead.
There hasn't been a weekend without Jet's pizza in a long time, I can't lie.
Broccoli salad with dried cherries, sunflower seeds, red onion, and a rad Greek yogurt dressing! This one is inspired by my famous Vegan Broccoli Salad for a fun alternative. Can't wait to share this one soon.
We got fresh blackberries in our CSA box this week and they're absolutely wonderful.
Rice crackers with TJ's hummus dip and hot sauce (plus some cucumber). One of my favorite savory snacks.
Crest Clintonville spread for brunch! The shakshuka and baklava cinnamon roll totally blew my mind.
What's summer without s'mores? We used Hershey's dark chocolate and it was seriously epic.
It's crisp season! I used my Summer Berry Crisp recipe as a guide but omitted the seeds.
5 Things I'm Loving Lately
1. Favorite product: This super moisturizing face cream, which Amazon just reminded me I've purchased six times. It's so soft and luscious and perfect to sleep in.
2. Favorite quote: “Have a good day and if you can’t, don’t go messing up nobody else’s!” —Tabitha Brown, AKA the most heartwarming, hilarious, and entertaining gal to follow on Instagram.
3. Crushing on: These adorable Mini Cherry Cobblers. And these Sheet Pan S'mores for the rare occasion that I don't want to smell like a bonfire for three weeks. And ok fine, this Chocolate Chip Tahini Mug Cake because if the question is tahini, the answer is YES.
4. Favorite book: I haven't started this one yet, but Queenie is on my list (thanks for the rec, Julie!) "Bridget Jones’s Diary meets Americanah in this disarmingly honest, boldly political, and truly inclusive novel that will speak to anyone who has gone looking for love and found something very different in its place."
5. Favorite article of clothing: These socks that I wear to Butcher Shop pilates. If anyone does pilates or yoga and is in need of toe socks, I highly recommend these!
I hope you pals have a wonderful week!